What we offer your students
We offer all the basic home comforts and services as standard: high quality study-bedrooms, high speed Wi-Fi, on-site maintenance on-site, security, 24-hour in-house contact centre, and fortnightly kitchen and bathroom cleaning.
We also offer accommodation that allows students to make the most of their time at university: meeting new people, getting to grips with independent living, and making memories. We have drawn on our own and others' research to understand how we can make a measurable difference to the student experience:
- A programme of welcome communications: engaging digital content supporting a positive transition to higher education
- Active management of pastoral and welfare issues
- Events and activities to help students feel integrated
- Nightline service available to all students
- Volunteering and paid work opportunities to gain skills and experience
Suzanne Cantelo, Residential Support Manager, Queen Mary University of London
“I just think the Unite service our students receive is inspirational, as a brand, they’re at the cutting edge of the private providers.”
Find out more about Student Life with Unite.
What we offer you
Unite Students works in partnership with over 50 UK universities.
Whether it's a short-term need for additional beds or a long-term partnership to deliver your residence strategy, we aim to provide accommodation that enhances the experience of your students.
Our investment in service means that we can be there when your students need us, whether to fix a broken tap (most maintenance issues are fixed in 24 hours), pick up a parcel, or chat about any concerns. We have a strong focus on safety and wellbeing, and our incident, crisis and welfare procedures are second to none.
Our local team will work closely with you to understand what you and your students need, for example:
- An integrated approach to welcome through joint communications and events.
- Programmes for international students including tailored welcome, taxi transfers, and out-of-hours check-in, events and communications. (See our China site for more details on our offer to Chinese students.)
- Maximising first year retention using research and practical experience. We are working jointly on retention with a number of universities and would be happy to discuss your specific needs.
- Maintaining high levels of satisfaction through our comprehensive and transparent approach to student surveying.
“I value Unite’s view on customer service and their openness and honesty. That honesty and integrity is very, very important to me as a customer.”
We are also able to offer short stays on a semester or pre-sessional basis in some cities.
Contact us to discuss your needs, or find out more about what our current partners say.